Warm Red Pepper and Tomato Salad
Red Onion chopped into quarters
Red Pepper sliced into 3cm chunks
Finely chopped Garlic
Cherry Tomatoes sliced into halves
Preheat your oven to 180°c and roast the Red Onion, Red Pepper and Garlic in a large tray with a tablespoon of Olive Oil and season with salt and pepper. Roast for 20 minutes then add the Cherry Tomatoes and roast for a further 5 minutes. Tear through fresh Basil just before serving.
Scallop and Chorizo Skewers
10 Scallops, roe removed
Salt and freshly ground pepper
20 Pieces of round cut chorizo (approx 5mm thick)
1. Cut the Scallops in Half and season with salt and pepper and a little olive oil
2. Cut the Chorizo into approx 5mm thick rounds
3. On a skewer thread the chorizo on first followed by the Scallop – to help prevent the skewers from burning on the BBQ we recommend soaking them in water for 10 minutes before, alternatively when on the BBQ you can wrap tinfoil around the wooden skewer part to prevent from burning
4. When your BBQ has reached the right temperature for cooking, place your skewers on. After about a minute turn the skewers over to cook for a further minute, or until the scallop is cooked through – if BBQ’ing other items we suggest doing this item last as they are so quick to do.
5. Remove from BBQ and serve straight away with a Pea and Mint Puree